Available as a ½ day classroom session (minimum 4 delegates) or online via Zoom. We can also tailor a course for your needs, please get in touch on 01362 699392
Appraisal Skills Course
Do you find giving negative feedback difficult and can’t find the right words?
Are you a manager, leader or supervisor who is required to conduct successful appraisal interviews? Then our TIPS for Good Appraisal Skills Course is for you!
The purpose of this course is to improve personal and departmental performance through a structured review process. Also, to provide a better understanding between managers and staff of what is expected of each other, in order to achieve organisational goals. Are you expected to have a conversation with other members about their performance? Do you find the idea of having this type of conversation with someone a little daunting? Are you uncomfortable asking questions or not sure what questions to ask? Maybe you are an aspiring manager, leader or supervisor who wants to learn and develop your appraisal skills?
The aim of this 1/2 day session is to give managers, leaders and supervisors the skills required to conduct successful appraisal
interviews. Also, to create an appraisal process that identifies relevant training and development needs that benefit both the individual and the organisation. This includes how to address under performance and skill changes in a positive way.
The specific knowledge and skills included in this course in support of the above aims are:
- Make appraisals a positive environment.
- Communicate the benefits of the appraisal system.
- Align individual development needs with organisational requirements.
- Plan actions required prior to the interview.
- Prepare input for the review.
- Set up a room correctly for the interview.
- Set appropriate times for the appraisal.
- Complete the appraisal documentation.
- Ensure both parties are ready for the review.
- Get the most out of the discussion.
- Use appropriate questioning techniques.
- Listen effectively.
- Create the right climate.
- Deal with emotional situations.
- Deal effectively with performance problems
Don’t just take our word for it, read what recent attendees have said about this course